Covid-19 Virus is one of the disastrous things that could ever happen to Humankind and planet Earth. But one cannot forget, when there is a light, there is a way. Covid-19 Quarantine has made everyone discover cooking. And today, I am sharing healthy food tips to sustain the body during Quarantine.
But before that, let me tell you the key to the success of any diet.
1) Always try to make an appropriate timing to eat so that you would not munch all the time or keep fasting just because you think it will make you fatty.
2) Drink as much water as you can drink. It will help to hydrate and detoxify your body. Our body consists of 70% water now you can think how much necessary the water is to our life.
3) Consume less fat and reduce the daily intake, but never forget to add one teaspoon of ghee to your daily diet.
4) Limit your salt intake and, it will keep your blood pressure in range.
5) Limit the sugar intake by cut down bakery goods and daily sugar consumption in the diet.
6) Always go for fresh and seasonal fruits and vegetables instead of stored fruits and veggies to your food intake to get all the nutritional benefits.
7) There is no match for a healthy diet with fibres in it. Always eat salad or raw veggies that will add fibre to the main meals.
8) Try to cook food at home to see the safety forethoughts and the diet. Start innovation with your daily meal.
9) Try to control the portion size for the betterment of the body’s needs. In this way, you will neither eat extra nor less.
10) Avoid or reduce alcohol consumption. Once you stop the intake of alcohol, there is no going back from a healthy lifestyle.
Now, it’s time to share all the details of the food you can take during your quarantine period.
- Add whole grains like wheat, oats, brown rice, barley, corn, millet, sorghum to the intake instead of refined flours like white flour (maida), white rice, corn grits.
- Add lentils like chickpea, kidney beans, and black beans to add protein, fibres, minerals and, vitamins. In a time when people are avoiding animal meat, what could be a better option than pulses?
- Add Vitamin D to your body by basking before noon in the sun and add food like meat, egg yolk, mushrooms, fortified foods, salmon, sardines, tuna, cod liver oil, oatmeal, soybean, spinach, kale, and soy milk.
- Fruits and vegetables are always best when taken fresh and seasonal but, adding to this Kiwi, Apple, Papaya, Watermelons, Pears, Cucumber, Kakdi, Beans, Sorrels, Squash, Gourds, Peppers, Pumpkin, Lady Fingers, Broccoli, etc. are pure.
- Being an Indian, you can never think of your life without spices and, it is a miracle to us. These include red chili, turmeric, asafoetida (heeng), coriander, cumin, cardamom, black pepper, ginger powder, and dry mango powder. These do not just serve as taste enhancers but also are of elevated nutritious value.
So this was my suggestion to you all for healthy tips in Quarantine. Stay at home, take care and follow all the rules to stay safe.